Anastasia Sara Kaufman

Anastasia Sara Kaufman

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Scar Tissue


I.
Only when I am alone at night on my roof & staring at the city lights-
Do I de-compact thoughts-
 they try to find a way-
A reincarnation of words
 and full breaths

II.
 I can’t help but try to find his glowing orange spot of the street light-
I stare at a sparkling, luminous landscape of my past.
-And I think about falling in love wounded
 and how maybe how I should fly this time instead of fall

III.
Thinking about scar tissue.
Scar tissue can dull sensation.
If this occurs, please ask our health care provider about Metaphysical Therapy
If you have no health care provider, well, then- you’re just fucked aren’t you?

IV.
Scar tissue shows you’re not afraid to get hurt,
Because getting hurt means living life,
And there’s a million ways life can break your heart,
 but, scars have stories.
…and lets face it-
I love a good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment